Saturday, December 19, 2015

.....Long May Her Banner Wave

Dear readers,
You may notice that my banner is no longer outside the Village at the Haverhill gate. What happened you may ask. Well, folks I will tell you.
On Thursday morning my neighbor and good friend Cookie and her husband were coming back from breakfast and they noticed a truck and driver stopped at the gate of the synagogue where i was given permission to put up my campaign banner.The driver of the truck was an agent of Code Enforcement and he was getting ready to cut the chains that held my banner securely onto the gate. Cookie,my dear friend and great supporter, stopped him, gave him her name and phone number and asked him not to cut it off until I had a chance to speak to him and find out why he was going to do this. He gave cookie his card and asked her to have us call him which we did and made an appointment for the following morning at 9am.  Stew and I were there at Code Enforcement bright and early Friday morning. We spoke with two gentlemen from the division,and let me tell you they were the nicest people, and they explained that there was a  report of a violation they received and they had to address it. well, you know we had to remove the banner but this opened up a can of worms. Not for me but for the synagogue.It turns out that the violation was sent to Aitz Chiam and they were sited with 6 violations.
I asked if I could have a copy of the report and it being freedom of information they gave me copies of everything. It turns out that our illustrious president reported this to code enforcement. A copy of the violation and complaint went to the commisioners and now Aitz Chiam has had the problem dropped in their lap.
There is nothing more I can say that would allow me to maintain my composure and retain my self respect. But this I will say, you can run but you cannot hide, David. Our time has come and the ground swell of support for me only grows.I may not be able to speak in the clubhouse or at the pools, but that is not stopping me or my supporters. I am speaking at their meetings , at their associations, and in their homes. My campaign material is being distributed and if you notice , it is the women that are heralding my ideas and my values. We are strong and there are many of us and we will win.
Once again, I want to thank all the clubs and associations that have given me the chance to speak  to them and answer any questions they may have. My home number is 697-3601.Please call if you want me to attend any of your meetings.
                                                         Phyllis Richland




2 comments:

  1. Just exactly what Violations were tendered? What can we do about it? The last time this bozo, the President, tried to use the Sheriff's posse for his personal agenda, he was slapped down. Now he is at it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just exactly what Violations were tendered? What can we do about it? The last time this bozo, the President, tried to use the Sheriff's posse for his personal agenda, he was slapped down. Now he is at it again.

    ReplyDelete